This article will walk you through the process of creating a product or expense for the purpose of charging customers, as well as adding the product or expense to a customer ticket
Note: The billing currency is based on the region you initially register your Atera account from. The address can be added/updated from Admin > Settings. If the currency is not displayed correctly according to your region, please contact our support team
To create a product or expense:
1. From Admin, on the left-hand side, click Products & Expenses.
The Products & Expenses page appears.
2. Click Add product item to create a product. Or click Add expense item to create an expense. The Add Product/Expense Item window appears.
3. Fill in the details:
- Product SKU # (optional)
4. Click Add.
Add a product or expense to a ticket:
1. From the Tickets page, click on a ticket to open it.
The Ticket page appears.
2. Click the Actions dropdown and select Products & Expenses.
The Products and Expenses List appears.
3. Click Add to add a product and/or an expense.
4. Fill out the details:
- Click on either the 'Product' or 'Expense' tab.
- Enter any relevant notes associated with the product or expense.
- Attach any relevant files.
- Select the product or expense from the dropdown menu. Or click the plus sign to create a new one.
- Include the price per item, discount, and quantity.
5. Click Add.
Note: Change between products and expenses by clicking on the respective button in the top-right of the window.