Webroot is an antivirus and cloud-based, threat protection software that stops threats in real-time and secures businesses and individuals wherever they connect.
In order to install Webroot, you must first open an account with Webroot, and activate it.
There are two ways you can choose to install the Webroot client:
- Install on a single Atera agent
- Install on multiple Agents via the Atera customer page
- Install on multiple Agents via the Atera site page
Note: You will be billed based on the maximum number of protected devices you have during your billing cycle, regardless of their installation date. For accurate billing, please ensure that the Webroot software has been completely removed from each chosen device.
Install Webroot on a Single Agent
1. From the Devices page (on the side panel), find the agent you want to install Webroot.
2. Click on Manage > Apps > Webroot > Install.
The Webroot Actions window appears.
2. Ensure Install is selected from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter the Webroot key. Then click Apply.
Install Webroot on Multiple Customer Agents
Install Webroot on Multiple Site Agents
1. From the specific customer's page, navigate to the Devices tab. Then click the Webroot Actions icon.
1. From the specific site's page, navigate to the Devices tab. Then click the Webroot Actions icon.
The Install Webroot window appears.
2. Enter the Webroot Key.
3. Select Agents from the Available list using the checkboxes (or Select All).
4. Specify the Run on Agents setting (Run scripts on online agents immediately or choose a later time to run the script on agents currently offline).
5. Click Install to install Webroot on the selected agents.
Note: Webroot can be installed via Atera on Windows devices only. To install Webroot on MACs, you can download the .dmg file manually and follow the instructions provided within the Webroot Management Console (Site > Endpoint Protection tab > Download Software)
For further information, or for troubleshooting the Webroot platform, please contact Webroot support