The Agent is the foundation of the Atera monitoring system. The Agent runs as a service that securely communicates back to the cloud. The Agent has very low overhead usage, meaning it can run comfortably on minimum specification machines, and automatically updates itself whenever a new version is released.
An Agent must be installed on each monitored device. The Agent then reports on status, PC condition, and performance at regular intervals. The reporting intervals are based on extensive big data analysis, ensuring optimal notification timing.
There is no limit and no cost to the number of agents that can be installed on servers or workstations.
Atera agents can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft OS: Windows Vista and above.
- Microsoft Server: 2008 and above.
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) and above.
Additional PC prerequisite: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and above.
If you encounter any issues with the installation, please check the troubleshooting KB: https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/215955967-Troubleshooting-Atera-Agent
Agent Installation Methods:
- Single Agent Installation: Use to install Agent on a single customer device in a non-domain environment
- Multiple Agent Installation: Use to install Agent on multiple customer devices in a domain environment
- Domain Script Installation: Use to install Agent automatically on additional devices as they are added to a domain environment
To Install an Agent on a Windows OS device click here
To install an Agent on Mac, click here.