The Agent is the foundation of the Atera monitoring system. The Agent runs as a service that securely communicates back to the cloud. The Agent has very low usage overhead, meaning it can run comfortably on minimum specification machines, and automatically updates itself whenever a new version is released.
An Agent must be installed on each monitored device. The Agent then reports on status, PC condition, and performance at regular intervals. The reporting intervals are based on extensive big data analysis, ensuring optimal notification timing.
There is no limit and no cost to the number of Agents that can be installed on Servers or Workstations.
- Microsoft OS: XP and above.
- Microsoft Server: 2003 and above.
- Mac OS 10.8 and above.
Agent Installation Pre-requirements:
Microsoft© Windows© Operating Systems: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Agent Installation Methods:
- Single Agent Installation: Use to install Agent on a single customer device in a non-domain environment
- Multiple Agent Installation: Use to install Agent on multiple customer devices in a domain environment
- Domain Script Installation: Use to install Agent automatically on additional devices as they are added to a domain environment
To Install an Agent - General Instructions - click here
To Install an Agent on Windows, click here.
To install an Agent on Mac, click here.
To Install an Agent using MSI Installer, click here