Backup of Files and Folders gives a status of Failed.
Error: 'There is no data available for the backup. Please check your settings and environment.'
- Click the Add button for Files and folders (Backup tab)
- Make selections for the files/folder that need to be backed up
- Click Save
- Click Preferences tab then select Schedule
- Ensure there is a valid schedule in place or create one if there is no schedule
If the above is not the issue, it can be the rare instance of insufficient permissions for the Backup controller.
In this case, elevate permissions of Datashield Backup & Recovery service controller to System or Domain Admin Account:
- Go to services.msc
- Click on DataShield Backup & Recover service controller
- Right-click and select Properties
- Click Log On tab
- Change from 'Local System Account' to a Local Administrator or Domain Administrator account
- Restart the DataShield Backup & Recover service controller
- Run new backup and confirm issue is corrected