Sometimes, even if you have disabled the Firewall, Proxy and Anti-Virus, virtual rules still exist on the PC and the traffic is being forwarded to the local host 127.0.0.1 (which is typical Anti-Virus behavior). This blocks the connection between the Agent and the Atera Portal and causes the Atera agent not to appear on the UI.
Atera recommends the following workaround:
- Open Notepad with Administrator rights.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent
- Edit the following file AteraAgent.exe.config by adding the following lines after </connectionManagement> and before </system.net></configuration> so that it looks like this:
- Save the file.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageAgentInformation
- Check if a file named res.cch exists. If it does, remove it and RESTART the Atera Agent service.
- In approximately 10 minutes time you should see the Atera agents in your UI.
NOTE: Please note that the above workaround will be added as part of the December 2017 Software Release.