Atera’s Patch Management and IT Automation enables you to automate a variety of crucial support tasks. After an IT Automation profile is created, it must then be applied to specific devices (agents) or to customers, in order for it to take affect. This article explains how to apply an automation profile at the device/agent level, or at the customer level, where it applies to all their devices. Note that you can add as many automation profiles as you wish for each agent.
To apply an IT automation profile to an agent:
1. From the Devices page, click on an agent device. The Agent page appears.
2. Navigate to Profiles, on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Next to IT Automation Profile, click Manage. The Select IT Automation Profile window appears.
4. Select the IT automation profile(s) from the Attach new profile dropdown menu.
5. Click Apply. The automation profile is now assigned to the agent.
To apply an IT automation profile to your customer:
1. From the Customers console, click on a customer. The Customer screen appears.
2. Navigate to Devices.
3. Ensure the All tab is selected, so you can see all your devices and action icons.
4. Select the device(s) you'd like to assign the IT automation profile to.
Note: To apply the automation profile to the customer, across all devices, make sure the All checkbox has been ticked.
5. Click the Assign IT Automation Profile icon. The Select IT Automation Profile window appears.
6. Attach as many profiles as you want from the Attach new profiles dropdown menu.
7. Click Apply. The automation profile is now applied to the selected agents.