Atera’s Patch Management and IT Automation enables you to automate a variety of crucial support tasks. After an IT Automation profile is created, it must then be applied to specific devices (agents) or to customers, in order for it to take effect. This article explains how to apply an automation profile at the device/agent level, or at the customer level, where it applies to all their devices. Note that you can add as many automation profiles as you wish for each agent. This article describes how to:
- Apply an IT automation profile to an agent
- Apply an IT automation profile to a customer
- Remove customer assignment from an IT automation profile
Apply an IT automation profile to an agent
To apply a profile to an agent:
1. From the Devices page, click on an agent device. The Agent page appears.
2. Navigate to Profiles, on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Next to IT Automation Profile, click Manage. The Select IT Automation Profile window appears.
4. Select the IT automation profile(s) from the Attach new profile dropdown menu.
5. Click Apply. The automation profile is now assigned to the agent.
Apply an IT automation profile to a customer
To apply a profile to your customer:
1. From the Customers console, click on a customer. The Customer screen appears.
2. Navigate to Devices.
3. Ensure the All tab is selected, so you can see all your devices and action icons.
4. Select the device(s) you'd like to assign the IT automation profile to.
Note: To apply the automation profile to the customer, across all devices, make sure the All checkbox has been ticked.
5. Click the Assign IT Automation Profile icon. The Select IT Automation Profile window appears.
6. Attach as many profiles as you want from the Attach new profiles dropdown menu.
7. Click Apply. The automation profile is now applied to the selected agents.
Note: Profiles can also be applied to customers directly from the profile itself.
To apply: Go to Admin (on the side panel) > Patch Management and IT Automation > Click on the specific profile to open. > Click Applied to (see image below)
Click the 'Add Customer(s)' dropdown menu and select the customer(s) you wish to apply the profile to. Then click Save
The automation profile is now applied to the selected customers.
Remove customer assignment from an IT automation profile
You can remove profile assignment to customers, so that the profile no longer applies to, and runs on, the customer's devices.
To remove a customer from a profile:
1. From Admin, on the side panel, click Patch Management and IT Automation
2. From the Patch Management and IT Automation page, select the specific profile.
3. Click Applied to on the Edit Automation Profile page.
4. Under the Customers tab, click the 'trash' icon next to the customer you wish to remove from the profile.
5. Click Remove on the confirmation message.
The customer(s) profile assignment has been removed, and the profile will no longer run on the customers' devices.
Note: Changes (or removal) of profile assignment can also be done on the agent, Customers, and specific customer pages (as detailed in the instructions above, Apply an IT automation profile to an agent and Apply an IT automation profile to your customer