The Atera agent is the backbone of the Atera monitoring system and needs to be installed on all computers and servers you wish to monitor. The agent can easily be downloaded from the platform and installed via the installation wizard. Alternatively, it can be installed via the Command Prompt. You can specify a customer (for automatic agent assignment to the customer), or leave it undefined.
To download an agent, and install via Command Prompt:
1. Click the + sign at the top right of the screen to open the dropdown menu, and select Agent Installer.
The Download agent installer screen appears.
2. Select either Windows or Mac.
Note: If you selected Windows, you can choose to create a 'General' agent installer, or one specific to the customer (which auto assigns agents to them).
3. Click Download. The agent is downloaded to your computer.
Note: You can also download the agent installer from within the customer's page. To download:
1. From Customers (on the side panel), click the specific customer.
2. Click the Devices tab, from within the customer's page.
3. From the Actions dropdown menu, click Agent Installer (Customized) > Check to select either Windows or Mac > Click Download. An agent installer specific to the customer downloads (meaning agents installed will automatically be assigned to the customer).
4. Search for the Command Prompt. Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
5. To install the agent, enter command:
msiexec /I c:\Setup.msi /qn
If you downloaded a customer-specific agent installer, the agent will automatically be assigned to the customer. Otherwise, the agent will appear under 'Undefined'.