Email is one way that end-users can submit tickets to your Atera acount and have conversations with technicians to resolve their issues.
Your default support address can be found in the Auto-generated Email XXXX@ticketing.atera.com. You can also use other support addresses.
Defining your Email address:
During this step you will select the email address to which all incoming messages will be sent and converted into tickets.
- Add your support email, for example email@example.com.
- Add "Reply From Name".
In addition you can configure the following:
- Automatically create new contact on incoming Email.
- Send Ticket Reply to contacts by email.
- Use technician name in email replies.
When you reply to a ticket, the default email sender is "firstname.lastname@example.org". ( The reply from will be what you previously added in the "Reply From Name" )
You can send replies to your customer from your own email address, you can accomplish it with SMTP Settings:
First, create a new contact using a Microsoft Exchange account (Office 365, Outlook, etc.) or a Google Mail (Gmail, Google Apps, etc.) account. This will auto-generate a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address which you will enter into the first field.
- Enter your STMP Server address, SMTP port, Username and Password, and SSL into the fields provided.
- Go to your email account and select “Group,” under “support” select “group delegation.” Add your username under “Send As.”
- Click save.
You are ready to go!