Using the IT Automation feature, you can create and schedule daily / weekly and monthly periodic maintenance tasks for servers and workstations such as patch updates, running scripts automatically, disk optimization and more.
To create a new IT Automation profile and associate it with a specific company, follow the steps below.
Note: A specific profile can be associated with a specific server or workstation, within a company.
1. Navigate to Admin > Patch Mgmt & IT Automation.
The Patch Management & IT Automation page appears.
2. Click Add Profile.
The Add Profile screen appears.
3. Enter the new profile name in the text entry box.
4. Click Apply.
The new IT automation profile is added.
5. Go to the top of the page to add a weekly schedule for running the profile. Alternatively, you can click Execute Now at any stage to run the profile immediately.
6. Adjust the new profile you created to set the days, hours and the relevant tasks.
- Patch Management & Exclude Patches - For more information, refer to the section, How Can I Exclude Patches from the Automation Profile
- Scripts – For more information, refer to the section, How to Automatically Run Scripts.
- Create System Restore Point
- Delete Temp Files
- Delete Internet History
- Disk Management
- Defragment ( All Disks )
- Run Checkdisks ( All Disks )
- Check For New Update
Set Pending Limit - see this article.