Using the IT Automation feature you can create and schedule Daily / Weekly and Monthly periodic maintenance tasks for Servers and Workstations such as Patch updates, Run Scripts automatically, disk optimization and more.
To create a new IT Automation profile and associate it to a specific company, follow the steps given below.
Note: A specific profile can be associated to a specific server or workstation within a company.
1. Navigate to Admin > Patch Mgmt & IT Automation.
The Patch Management & IT Automation page will be displayed.
2. Click Add Profile.
The Add Profile dialog will be displayed.
3. Enter the new profile name in the text entry box.
4. Click Apply.
The new IT automation profile will be added.
5. Go to the top of the page to set the date and time for running the profile. Alternatively, you can click Execute Now at any stage to run the profile immediately.
Adjust the new profile that you just created to set the Days, Hours and the relevant tasks:
- Patch Management & Exclude Patches - For more information, refer to the section, How Can I Exclude Patches from the Automation Profile
- Scripts – For more information, refer to the section, How to Automatically Run Scripts.
- Create System Restore Point
- Delete Temp Files
- Delete Internet History
- Disk Management
- Defragment ( All Disks )
- Run Checkdisks ( All Disks )
- Check For New Update
Set Pending Limit - see this article.