Below is the process for adding a new TCP device for the purpose of monitoring Ports (25, 80, 443 and more.)
To add a TCP device:
1. At the top, right-hand corner of the page click the dropdown menu and select New TCP.
The New Device page appears.
2. Fill in the fields:
- Select the company you want the device to be assigned to, from the Assign to Customer drop down list.
- Select the name of the Folder you want to append the device to from the Append To Folder drop down list.
- Select the name of the monitoring agent from the Monitoring Agent drop down list. This is the designated agent within the network that will perform the sampling of the relevant ports).
- The status of the monitoring agent will be automatically populated.
- Enter the name of the device in the Name text entry box.
- Enter the description of the device in the Description text entry box.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the device in the Hostname / IP Address text entry box.
- Enter the Port(s) you wish to moniter.
3. Click Save.
The new TCP server is added to the system and the TCP Device page appears.