Bellow is the process for creating a new TCP devices for the purpose of monitoring Ports (25, 80, 443 etc.).
1. At the top right-hand corner of the page go to the Add () > New TCP.
The Add Device page will be displayed.
2. Select the company you want the device to be assigned to, from the Assign to Customer drop down list.
3. Select the name of the Folder you want to append the device to from the Append To Folder drop down list.
4. Select the name of the monitoring agent from the Monitoring Agent drop down list. This is the designated agent within the network that will perform the sampling of the relevant ports).
5. The status of the monitoring agent will be automatically populated.
6. Enter the name of the device in the Name text entry box.
7. Enter the description of the device in the Description text entry box.
8. Enter the hostname or IP address of the device in the Hostname / IP Address text entry box.
9. Click Save.
The new TCP server will be added added to the system and you will be taken to the TCP Device Page.
10. Click Add Port.
The TCP Port dialog will be displayed.
11. Enter the port number in the Port text entry box. for example, port 80.
12. Specify whether you want to enable monitoring on this port or not by checking or un-checking the box in the Enable Monitoring on this Port field.
13. Click Apply and the monitored port/s and status will be displayed.