In the following example, we will demonstrate how to monitor a website using the HTTP Monitoring.
- URL - Specific URL of the web page which should be monitor.
- Pattern - A STATIC Keyword which appears in the web page (For example the Headline of the homepage) which should appear always.
1. Navigate to Add () > New HTTP.
The Add Device page will be displayed.
2. Select the company you want to assign to this device, from the Assign to Customer drop down list.
3. Select the name of the device you want to append to a folder from the Append To Folder drop-down list.
4. Select the name of the monitoring agent from the Monitoring Agent drop down list.
5. The status of the monitoring agent will be populated.
6. Enter the name of the device in the Name text entry box.
7. Enter the description of the device in the Description text entry box.
8. Enter the specific URL of the web page which should be monitor in the URL text entry box.
9. Enter a static keyword which appears in the web page which should appear always in the Pattern text entry box.
10. Click Save.