Opening a new Customer File in the system is the first and important first step to get the system up and running. The Customer view includes a 360 view of all the customers important data:
- Contracts and SLA
Note: When opening a Customer File and entering the customer's Domain will automatically enable the allocation of emails (Tickets) and Monitoring Agents to this specific customer.
To setup a customer, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Add () > New Customer.
The Add Customer page will be displayed.
2. Enter the name of the customer in the Customer Name text entry box.
3. You can select a rank for the customer, the available options are Gold, Silver and Blocked. If you do not change the Rank the customer will stay at the basic rank.
4. Enter the domain address in the Domain text entry box.
Note: Adding domains is an important step, New agents, tickets and new contacts will be allocated automatically based on the local domain and the public domain that where added.
The customer's domain input field can be found in the customer page:
5. Enter the customer unique business number in the Business Number text entry box. This number varies between countries. (i.e IRS number, VAT Code).
6. Enter the phone number of the customer in the Phone text entry box.
7. Enter the fax number of the customer in the Fax text entry box.
8. Enter the address of the customer in the Address text entry box.
9. Enter the name of the city of the customer in the City text entry box.
10. Select the name of the country of the customer from the Country drop down list.
11. Select the name of the state of the customer from the State drop down list.
12. Enter the zip code of the city of the customer in the Zip Code text entry box.
Note: The address data is essential to properly display the location of the customer in the Map Widget in the Dashboard.
13. Select the threshold profile of the customer from the Threshold Profile drop down list.
It is recommended at this stage to chose the Default Profile.
Note: Click here to review how to customize a Threshold Profile.
14. Specify whether or not new tickets from this customer can be opened only by a specific contact person or by anyone. Check the box: New Tickets Can Be Opened By Contact Person Only field.
15. Click Next.
The Add Contract page will be displayed.
16. Enter the name of the contract in the Contract Name text entry box.
17. Select the type of the contract from the Contract Type drop down list.
18. Enter the number of computers you will be servicing in the Number of Computers drop down list.
19. Select the starting date of the contract from the Start Date calendar.
20. Select the ending date of the contract from the End Date calendar.
21. Each type of contract has different billing parameters:
- Enter the monthly retainer price.
- Enter the price per hour you expect to receive from this retainer.
- Enter the expected price per hour when working off standard SLA hours.
- Enter the number of hours Purchased.
- Enter the total price of the package.
- The price per hour will be calculated automatically.
Price per Hour
- Enter the price you charge per hour during standard working hours.
- Enter the price you charge for work conducted after standard working hours, weekends or holidays.
By entering the information above you will be able to run monthly Profitability Reports.
25. Click Next.
The Select SLA page will be displayed.
26. Select an existing SLA configuration for the related contract from the drop down list, Or create a new one by clicking on "Add New SLA".
It is recommended at this stage to chose the Default SLA. You can review the details of the SLA in the Customer File.
27. Click Finish.
The new Customer File is created with all the important information.