Contacts are people from your customer base, who may or may not request technical support from you. It's possible to create a main contact person for each customer. Contacts can interact with you via phone, email, the Customer Portal or by generating a ticket via the CTRL + F12 hotkey from their workstations.
There are two ways to create a contact:
- Manually create a new contact.
- Automatically create new contacts by capturing new emails/tickets sent to your help desk.
Create new contacts manually
You might do this, for example, if you're on the telephone with a customer who has never before requested support and therefore does not yet have an account. While adding them as a contact, you can also open a ticket for the customer, and they will receive automatic email notifications whenever the ticket is updated.
In order to create a new contact manually, follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to Add () > New Contact.
The Add Contact page will be displayed.
2. Select or enter the customer name in the Select Customer field.
3. Enter the first name of the contact in the First Name text entry box.
4. Enter the last name of the contact in the Last Name text entry box.
5. Enter the email address of the contact in the Email text entry box and this is the mandatory field.
6. Enter the phone number of the contact in the Phone text entry box.
7. Enter the title of the job in the Job Title text entry box.
8. Select the name of the RMM agent from the RMM Agent drop down list.
9. Specify whether or not you want to set this person’s details as the main contact person details by checking or un-checking the box in the Contact Person field.
Note: This will make them the sole person allowed to open a ticket for the company and provide them with a company wide view of all open tickets.
10. Specify whether or not you want to ignore this user’s email by checking or un-checking the box in the Ignore this user's emails By checking this field, a ticket will not be automatically created by email listener.
11. Click Save.
The new contact is added.
Automatically Create Contacts
In addition, You can enable "Auto-Create New Contact on Incoming Email" in Admin > Email Settings so that new contacts will be created whenever a new contact submits a support request via email.