There are a few prerequisites for the stable functioning and performance of Atera agents on both Workstations and Servers.
If you are experiencing any problems with agent stability, alert consistency, unavailable agents or remote connection instability, please verify the check list below:
.NET Framework 3.5
This feature is mandatory to implement on the remote PC / Server.
Atera is a Microsoft Azure certificate partner/client and needs to work with TLS 1.0. Make sure that it is not disabled from your side.
Allow outbound traffic over port 443 (TCP) in the Anti-Virus, Firewall and Proxy server.
List of servers that the agent is communicating with:
Potential software / devices for blockage:
- Anti-Virus - Add Atera's application into the Antivirus whitelist. C:\Program Files\ Atera
- Firewall - In some networks https traffic is blocked. Make sure to add a rule to allow https traffic from LAN to WAN (Atera address: agentreporting.atera.com).
- Proxy - Proxy / Web-filtering is very common and can also be an obstacle to stable agent behavior. Make sure to permit outbound traffic (443) and file extensions; ZIP & EXE from our website (Atera address: agentreporting.atera.com).
- Permit content traffic in addition to TCP (443 ) traffic
- Updated Microsoft Certificate ( Relevant for Servers 2003 ) - update the Local Root CA Certificates in order to continue Read more.
Note: If you are experiencing an issue where the Agent is not appearing in the Atera Portal, please review the following article: