If after following the instructions for agent installation , you are experiencing any problems with agent stability, alert consistency, agent unavailability or remote connection instability, please verify that you are on .NET Framework 4.5
Additionally, please check the following:
Allow outbound traffic over port 443 (TCP) in the Anti-Virus, Firewall and Proxy server.
List of servers that the agent is communicating with:
Potential software / devices for blockage:
- Anti-Virus - Add Atera's application into the Antivirus whitelist. C:\Program Files\Atera Networks
- Firewall - In some networks https traffic is blocked. Make sure to add a rule to allow https traffic from LAN to WAN (Atera address: agentreporting.atera.com).
- Proxy - Proxy / Web-filtering is very common and can also be an obstacle to stable agent behavior. Make sure to permit outbound traffic (443) and file extensions; ZIP & EXE from our website (Atera address: agentreporting.atera.com).
- Geo-blocking - As an example, SonicWall routers are well known for their Geo Blocking features.
- Permit content traffic in addition to TCP (443 ) traffic
- No certificates / Missing certificates on the below registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\Certificates