Email is one way that end-users can submit tickets to your account and have conversations with technicians to resolve their issues.
When a contact sends an email to your support address, the email automatically creates a ticket.
If a technician updates the ticket, a notification email is sent to the contact who sent the original email.
If the contact replies to the notification email, the reply creates a comment in the ticket view.
The conversation between user and agent continues until the issue is resolved.
Your default support address is email@example.com , you can configure it to be your standard support email address with your own domain (see below) – It can be found in the Email Settings configuration dialogue under Auto-generated field (Admin->Email Settings)
Note: The companyname is the name you gave when you initially signed for the software.
You can also configure multiple support email addresses (Additional Support Email Address):
Each email sent to an Additional Support Email Address will create a new ticket in your account.
Using your own Domain for your external email address for support requests
Accepting support requests via your own Domain external email addresses is also supported. If you already have an email address for support, you can forward emails received at those addresses to your Atera provided email address. For example, you can receive support requests at firstname.lastname@example.org which will be forwarded to; email@example.com.
Example of how to setup the forwarding email in Office 365.
- Create a new group and name: Support Address
Note: In "delivery management", mark the following:
"Sender inside and outside of my organization".
2. Create a new contact name it: Atera Support Email
3. Enter in the External email address your auto-generated email field.
For example: "firstname.lastname@example.org"
4. add the new contact into the Support Address group
5. Click Save.
Your account is ready to receive emails from your Support Address.
6. In the SMTP Settings (Optional) section, enter the SMTP server address in the SMTP Server Address text entry box.
7. Enter the SMTP port number in the SMTP Port text entry box.
8. Enter the user name in the Username text entry box
9. Enter the password in the Password text entry box.
10. Specify whether you wish to use secured SMTP (SSL/TLS) or not by selectingYes or No option in the Use Secured SMTP (SSL/TLS) field.
11. Add the mailbox under the group delegation.
12. Click Update.
The email setup will be configured.