After registering your Atera account, the most important step is to create a customer.
A customer in the Atera system is the base entity, and all other functionality relies on the correct initial creation of customers. Once you create your customer, you can add contacts and devices to the customer, download an agent, and begin monitoring your customer devices.
Note: On Atera COMPANY = CUSTOMER
To create a customer follow the steps below:
|1. Click the + sign in the top right of the screen to enable the drop-down menu.|
|2. Then select New Customer.|
3. The Add Customer form displays. Follow the three steps in the box on the left to add a customer.
|Note: Mandatory fields are marked with a red *|
6. Enter the:
4. Click Next.
|5. Add a Contract for the Customer. This is a mandatory step, even if you don't intend to use a contract with your customer (it can be a fake contract that you delete or edit later). Enter the contract details, including a unique contract name, then click Next.|
|Note: The SLA (Service Level Agreement) determines the initial response time and expected close time for a ticket.|
|6. Select SLA. The default is None.|
7. Select the Default SLA and click Finish.
Note: A new SLA profile can be assigned later.
You have now finished creating a customer. The newly created customer appears on the Customers page.
Adding/Importing customers in bulk
Atera supports importing your customer and/or contact information, in bulk, to ease your transition from another company to Atera.
To import your customers or contact information:
- Navigate to Admin > General > Import Data.
- Select which information you want to import - customers or contacts.
- Download the relevant template file.
- Copy your existing data into the template. Make sure the data you copy matches the column headings provided in the template.
- Import this template file back into the UI and the customers or contacts will be copied in bulk.