After registering your Atera account, the most important step is to add your 'customers'.
A customer in the Atera system is the base entity, and all other functionalities rely on the correct initial creation of a customer. Once you've added a customer, you can add the customer's contacts and devices, download an agent, and begin monitoring your customer's devices.
Note: Within Atera COMPANY = CUSTOMER
To create a customer follow the steps below:
|1. Click the + sign in the top right of the screen to enable the drop-down menu.|
|2. Then select New Customer.|
3. The Add Customer form displays. Follow the three steps in the box on the left to add a customer.
|Note: Mandatory fields are marked with a red *|
6. Enter the:
4. Click Next.
|5. Add a Contract for the Customer. This is a mandatory step, even if you don't intend to use a contract with your customer (it can be a fake contract that you delete or edit later). Enter the contract details, including a unique contract name, then click Next.|
|Note: The SLA (Service Level Agreement) determines the initial response time and expected close time for a ticket.|
|6. Select SLA. The default is None.|
7. Select the Default SLA and click Finish.
Note: A new SLA profile can be assigned later.
You have now finished creating a customer. The newly created customer appears on the Customers page.
Adding/importing customers in bulk
Atera supports importing your customer and/or contact information, in bulk, to ease your transition from another company to Atera.
To import your customers or contact information:
- Navigate to Admin > General > Import Data.
- Select which information you want to import - customers or contacts.
- Download the relevant template file.
- Copy your existing data into the template. Make sure the data you copy matches the column headings provided in the template.
- Import this template file back into the UI and the customers or contacts will be copied in bulk.