There are five ways to create Helpdesk tickets in Atera. Tickets can be:
- Created manually by a technician
- Created by an end user with the hot key combination of CTRL+F12. See Article: Installing the HelpDesk Agent
- Created by an end user who sends an email to support.
- Created manually from an Alert.
- Created on the customer portal.
|Manually create a ticket (Technician)|
|1. From the left hand panel click Dashboard|
|2. Then click the + sign and New Ticket|
|The Add Ticket page displays.|
3. Enter the ticket creation details using the dropdowns:
|4. Enter the Ticket Description|
|5. Add any supporting Attachments|
Note: The Register Ticket Creation Time counter tracks how long the technician took to enter the ticket. To disable tracking uncheck the box.
|6. Click Save|
|The Tickets page update - your new ticket displays.|
|Creating a ticket with CTRL+F12 hotkey combination|
An end user can create a ticket by pressing the hotkey combination CTR+F12. In order for this to work the integrator must be installed. See Installing an Agent
Note: After installing the Helpdesk Agent the first time the user logs in they must add their first name / last name and email address. This is in order to associate the contact to the correct company.
|Customer Ticket creation via the Customer Portal|
In order for this to work the Customer Portal must be activated. See Configure the Customer Support Portal