To send an email survey to your customers, you will need to set up a ticket automation rule.
Setup the email survey
To send the email survey when the ticket gets Closed or Resolved:
1. Navigate to Admin > Ticket Automation Rules.
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears.
2. Click Add New Rule.
The Add Rule form appears.
3. Enter details for the new rule:
- Rule Name
- Description: Can be the same as the Rule Name or more detailed
- Trigger: Choose the event that triggers the rule, in this case 'Ticket Closed/Resolved'
- Ignore Flow: On the Automation Rules page, the rule listed first is dominant so if the rule contradicts or conflicts with other rules beneath it, then those rules will not apply. Ignore Flow allows this rule to operate regardless of rule hierarchy and structure.
4. Click Add
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears. The new rule is now visible.
5. Click the newly created Rule Name to expand the options.
The Conditions and Actions fields appear.
Note: Remember we already selected the trigger previously. We will now select what happens when a new ticket creation fires the trigger.
6. Select the Action Type: Send Survey to Contact
7. Click Add.
View survey results
You can view a survey by opening the ticket and clicking on the stars under the Requester Info.
Once you click on the stars, you will see the full results of the survey.
- Q: Can you change the layout of the email survey?
- A: The layout of the survey cannot be modified.
- Q: What languages does the survey support?
- A: The survey is available in English, French, and German. You can modify the survey language by going to Admin > Settings, scrolling to the Language section, and selecting the one you wish.
- Q: Can you delete a survey?
- A: You cannot delete a survey from a ticket, once it has been submitted.
- Q: Does a customer have to login into the portal to answer a survey?
- A: No. The customer will be able to answer the survey even if they are not logged into the customer portal.