Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a protocol that establishes encrypted links between a web server and a client, ensuring that all data passed between them remains private. Atera automatically enables SSL for your Customer Portal if you use an Atera domain.
Note: SSL for customized domains is only available for Enterprise and Superpower plan subscribers.
Enable SSL with an Atera domain
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Customer Portal. The Customer Portal configuration page appears.
2. From the side-menu, navigate to the Domain and SSL tab and click Atera domain.
3. Add your subdomain to the provided field between https:// and .servicedesk.atera.com and click Update.
By following the above steps and using this URL pattern, SSL is automatically activated on your Customer Portal. No additional actions are required from either you or Atera.
Enable SSL with a Custom domain
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Customer Portal. The Customer Portal page appears.
2. From the side-menu, navigate to the Domain and SSL tab and click Custom domain.
3. Enter your custom domain and click update.
After updating, if your account is eligible for SSL, an option to add it will appear under the Portal domain name URL.
4. Click Enable SSL. The SSL configuration details appear.
5. Copy the provided CNAME records and paste them into the DNS configuration for your domain provider. The process for adding keys may vary depending on your provider. The links below provide detailed instructions for popular DNS/Hosting providers.
Upon successful verification, the status will change to 'Approved'.
Note: You may need to click the refresh button () to update the status.
Check this article for more details on how to configure your Customer Portal and adding the Customer Portal URL.