A mirror driver is a display driver, for a virtual device, that mirrors the drawing operations of one or more additional physical display devices.
When the mirror driver is installed, Splashtop streamer uses a different way of capturing the screen. This will help solve a few common issues, including the following:
- Slow screen refresh or high CPU usage on a Windows Server 2003 or 2008
- The remote computer's screen appears black if the Chrome browser is running
- The remote computer's screen appears black if it doesn't have a monitor connected
To install the mirror driver:
1. Open the Streamer program from the Start Menu.
2. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to click on the Install Mirror Driver button. A UAC window confirming the installation appears.
3. Click Install to continue. The Button will change to "Uninstall Mirror Driver" when complete.
Note: Does NOT apply to Mac OS