Patch management is a crucial aspect of IT administration. It involves patching security vulnerabilities, eradicating bugs, as well as improving usability and performance by making sure software is up to date. To learn more about how Patch Management works, please see our Patch Management Q & A.
Atera's Patch Management gives you total administrative control over all your customers’ patches, from within the platform.
To set up automated Patch Management:
1. From Admin, click on Patch Mgmt & IT Automation.
2. Select Add Profile (bottom, right of the page) to create an IT Automation profile.
3. Enter a name for the profile, and click Apply. The Edit Automation Profile screen appears.
4. Check the boxes of the patches you wish to install.
To install the patches immediately:
Select Execute Now (top of page).
To choose a weekly and/or monthly automation schedule:
a. After selecting the patches you wish to install, click on Weekly or Monthly (top of page).
b. Then click the icon, and set your desired schedule.
c. Click Apply.
Note: If you wish to schedule the automated Reboot or Shutdown (under Maintenance), we strongly recommend you create a separate automation profile for these, as these actions will interfere with other actions you may have selected.
5. Select Save to save your newly created automation profile.
6. Assign the profile to your customer(s) or a specific Agent. See: Assign an IT Automation Profile to your Customer(s) or an Agent (below).
Assign an IT Automation Profile to your Customer(s) or an Agent
Once you have created an IT Automation profile, you need to assign it to your customer(s) or a specific agent.
To assign an IT automation profile to an Agent:
1. Click on an Agent. The Agent screen appears.
2. Under Profiles > IT Automation profile, click Manage. The Select IT Automation Profile dialog box appears.
3. Select the IT automation profile from the Attach new Profile drop down menu, and click Apply. The automation profile is now assigned to the Agent.
To assign an IT automation profile to your customer(s) or multiple agents:
1. Click on Devices. The devices page appears.
2. Check the box(s) to select all your agents, or specific agents.
3. Click on the (Assign IT Automation Profile) icon above.
4. Select the IT automation profile you created, from the dropdown list.
5. Click Apply. The IT automation profile is now assigned to your agent(s).