If after following the instructions for activating the helpdesk agent, you are experiencing any issues with the activation or creating tickets/opening chats from the helpdesk agent, please verify that the following steps are checked.
Anti-Virus - Add the following paths into the Antivirus whitelist:
- C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageTicketing (C:\Program Files (x86)\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageTicketing for 32bit)
- TicketingTray.exe is the helpdesk agent process
- TicketNotifications.exe is the chat process
The main registry hives are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATERA Networks\AlphaAgent
The details from here, are being added by our Agent (when the command is sent from the console) by running the settings.bat from C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageTicketing
Same goes for enabling chat -> chatsettings.bat from C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageTicketing
Please ensure that the IntegratorLogin and MachineId from HKCU\Software\ATERA Networks\AlphaAgent are the correct ones.
- IntegratorLogin: the username/email address of your Atera account
- MachineId: the agent UID which can be located in the URL when accessing the machine from the Atera console (e.g. https://app.atera.com/Admin#/rmm/device/3d6cf64b-ac2a-4666-b4e3-47b1b531a5a5/agent)
- If chat is enabled, please ensure that the EnableChat string value is 1
In case the AteraAgent and helpdesk agent were installed and activated, respectively on the machine previously, cached files or registry leftovers may hinder the proper communication with the new account.
For these cases:
- Remove any leftovers from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATERA Networks\AlphaAgent
You may use this CMD command also: REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATERA Networks\AlphaAgent" /f
- Delete settings.bat from C:\Program Files\ATERA Networks\AteraAgent\Packages\AgentPackageTicketing\
- Resend the Helpdesk Agent activation command from Atera (Device > Manage > Helpdesk Agent > Activate) - this will re-deploy the settings.bat file and re-create the registry keys
We have limited the company name to 45 characters (Admin > Settings > Company Name).
For existing Company Names longer than 45 characters, you won't see any change in the GUI unless you will try to change it and the input will not allow you past the 45-character limit.
If the Company Name is longer than 45 characters the tray icon will show the text as: "CompanyName... - Helpdesk Agent" and the ticketingtray.exe process fails to start.