You have the option to restore merged or deleted tickets. The time to undertake these steps depends on the number of tickets accidentally merged/deleted. Keep in mind that tickets already billed cannot be modified (cannot change status from “Merged” to “Open”)
Find Merged / Deleted tickets
1. First, we need to get ahold of the lost tickets (the ones that were merged/deleted). From the Admin tab (on the left side of the dashboard), click on Audit Log.
The Audit Log page will be displayed.
2. Filter your search by setting the Date range to when the tickets were modified, use the Log Type = Modified, to narrow down your search and click on Go at the bottom of the Filters List.
The audit log will display the tickets that were merged, using the following template.
Ticket "Ticket Name #971350" Merged changed from Empty to 971339
For deleted tickets, Audit Log uses this template.
Ticket "Ticket Name #971322" Status changed from Open to Deleted
Filter deleted tickets
You also have the option to filter by Deleted tickets in the tickets section.
1. Access the Tickets section (on the left side of the menu), click on Filters, then click on the Status filter.
2. Select the Deleted Status, all tickets with the status Deleted will be displayed.
Restored Merged / Deleted tickets
1. What we need to do now is to open a different tab that contains the main ticket (where we merged the other tickets) and replace the merged ticket's ID in the URL so it will forward us directly to the ticket’s page where we can see its status is now set on “Merged” (For a deleted ticket, simply open an existing ticket and replace the ID in the URL with one of the merged/deleted tickets.
https://app.atera.com/new/ticket/971322- This is an Example
https://app.atera.com/new/ticket/39- This is an Example
2. From this point, we just need to modify the ticket’s status from Merged/Deleted to Open or Pending and then click on the Update button (a notification will appear in the lower-left corner informing us that the ticket has been successfully updated).
3. Now when searching for the ticket in the Tickets tab we will see it as Open once again.
- When “un-merging” a ticket, the communication trails will disappear but can be re-added as Internal Notes
- Tickets that are deleted when removing an entire contact/customer cannot be recovered. Only individually-deleted tickets can be recovered. Check out this article Atera Data Recovery, for more details.