Remote software installation on Mac OS devices is easy with our Homebrew API integration. Homebrew package manager enables a secure, efficient, silent, and complete installation in just a few clicks, to help take the headache out of being a system administrator. Learn more about Homebrew Additionally, you can schedule automated software patching via Homebrew.
To install software via Homebrew:
1. Click Devices (on the side panel) to see your devices (or to access a specific customer's devices, go to Customers (on the side panel) > the specific customer > Devices tab).
The device list appears.
2. Click the Manage dropdown menu, next to the specific device, and select Software Installation.
The Software Installation form appears.
3. Enter the full or partial name of the software you wish to install (autocomplete will bring up all relevant matches).
Once the software is selected, you have the option of entering parameters for a customized installation. When available, a list of package parameters along with descriptions are displayed.
4. Click Install, to install the software.
The installation begins. An installation success (or failure message) appears within a few minutes informing you of the outcome.
- Some Homebrew software patches require password authentication or have other permission requirements, and therefore cannot be installed via Atera currently. If this is the case, a message will appear to inform you of this.
- The Homebrew API integration via Atera makes use of the cask tap (cask.json) only.