This article describes how to deactivate Webroot protected endpoints when these are no longer in use.
To deactivate a protected device in Webroot, please follow the below steps:
1. Log into Webroot management console from Atera > Add-Ons > AntiVirus > Webroot:
2. Enter your Email/Phone, Password and Security Code when prompted.
3. Click on the relevant Customer Site:
4. Then go to Group Management > All Endpoints:
5. Select the endpoints you wish to deactivate and click on the Deactivate button:
6. A warning message displays, indicating that the deactivated endpoint will no longer be able to report into Webroot management console:
7. Once you click Yes, the endpoint is deactivated and an uninstall command is being sent to the machine to remove Webroot SecureAnywhere.
In case the uninstall command does not reach the endpoint, there are two options for removing Webroot SecureAnywhere through Atera.
If the AntiVirus was installed through Atera, you can uninstall it from the Device page > Manage > Webroot > Uninstall:
Otherwise, you can uninstall Webroot directly on the local machine from Programs & Features, or by using the Uninstall Webroot script that you can find in Atera's Shared Script Library:
Reactivating Webroot SecureAnywhere on endpoints
If you deactivate an endpoint, you can reactivate it later if needed from the same Group Management.
1. Reinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on the endpoint.
2. Open Webroot management console and access the Group Management tab under a Customer Site.
3. From the Deactivated Endpoints group, select the endpoint and click Reactivate:
Note: If you need to permanently remove endpoints from the Deactivated Endpoints group, please contact Webroot Technical Support.