Ticket Automation Rules enable you to set actions that automatically trigger when certain ticket actions occur (e.g., new ticket created, closed, updated). This article explains the Ticket Automation Rule condition 'Event Trigger Time'. This condition enables you to create a rule where your selected 'Event' (as chosen when creating the rule) occurred during (or not during) your business hours calendar (Learn about creating calendars).
Common use case
You can use this condition to create many unique automation rules. One typical use case may be to email the assigned technician when a new ticket is created during certain calendar hours, such as nighttime hours.
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Ticket Automation Rules.
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears
2. Click Add New Rule
The Add Rule form appears
3. Fill in the form:
- Enter Rule Name: Email Tech When Ticket Created During Night Hours (or something similar)
- Enter Description: Emails the assigned tech about tickets created during night hours
- Select Trigger: New Ticket Created
- Ignore Flow is applicable when there are multiple automation rules. Selecting 'Yes' enables this rule to operate regardless of rule hierarchy and structure. Learn more
- Ensure Active is set to 'Yes'
4. Click Add
5. Click the rule name to manage the Conditions and Actions.
6. Add a Condition:
- Select Ticket Field: Event Trigger Time
- Select Operator: Is on calendar
- In Expected Value: Select your specific calendar. Note: The calendar entitled Assigned calendar is the one associated with the contract of the customer, whose ticket triggered the event. Learn more about calendar creation
- In Expected Value: Select your specific calendar. Note: The calendar entitled Assigned calendar is the one associated with the SLA of the site, whose ticket triggered the event. Learn more about calendar creation
- Check the Must Match checkbox
- When done, click Add, to add the condition
7. Add an Action:
- Select Action Type: Send an Email To Technician
- In Related Field/Email Template, select the specific email template you wish to send the technician (Learn about creating email templates).
- When done, click Add, to add the action
The rule is now active, and when triggered, will send an email to the technician assigned to the ticket.