Ticket Automation Rules enable you to set actions that will automatically trigger when certain ticket actions occur (e.g., new ticket created, closed, updated). This article explains the Ticket Automation Rule condition 'Event Trigger Time'. This condition enables you to create a rule where your selected 'Event' (as chosen when creating the rule) occurred during (or not during) your business hours calendar (Learn about creating calendars).
Event Trigger Time
Is on calendar/Isn't on calendar
List of created calendars populate (including Assigned calendar, the one associated with the customer SLA/contract. Learn more about calendar creation
Common Use Case
You can use this condition to create many unique automation rules. One typical use case may be to email the assigned technician when a new ticket is created during certain calendar hours, such as nighttime hours.
To create this rule:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Ticket Automation Rules
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears.
2. Click Add New Rule
The Add Rule form appears.
3. Fill in the form:
- Enter Rule Name: Email Tech When Ticket Created During Night Hours (or something similar)
- Enter Description: Emails the assigned tech about tickets created during night hours
- Select Event: New Ticket Created
- Ensure Active is set to 'Yes'
4. Click Add
The rule is created and visible on the displayed Ticket Automation Rules page.
5. Click the rule name to manage the Conditions and Actions.
The Conditions and Actions appear.
6. Add a Condition:
- Select Ticket Field: Event Trigger Time
- Select Operator: Is on calendar
- In Expected Value: Select your specific calendar. Note: The calendar entitled Assigned calendar is the one associated with the contract of the customer, whose ticket triggered the event. Learn more about calendar creation
- Check the Must Match checkbox
- When done, click Add, to add the condition
7. Add an Action:
- Select Action Type: Send an Email To Technician
- In Related Field/Email Template, select the specific email template you wish to send the technician (Learn about creating email templates).
- When done, click Add, to add the action
The rule is now active, and when triggered, will send an email to the technician assigned to the ticket.