In case you encounter issues with Agent Installation on Mac devices, please check the following:
Allow outbound traffic over port 443 (TCP) in the Anti-Virus, Firewall and Proxy server.
List of servers that the agent is communicating with:
Potential software / devices for blockage:
- Anti-Virus - Add Atera's application into the Antivirus whitelist.
- Accessibility - Allow the Atera agent in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility
- Firewall - In some networks https traffic is blocked. Make sure to add a rule to allow https traffic from LAN to WAN (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
- Proxy - Proxy / Web-filtering is very common and can also be an obstacle to stable agent behavior. Make sure to permit outbound traffic (443) and file extensions; ZIP & EXE from our website (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
- Geo-blocking - As an example, SonicWall routers are well known for their Geo Blocking features.
- Permit content traffic in addition to TCP (443 ) traffic
- Accessibility: Allow the Atera agent in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility
If an Atera agent was previously installed, and then removed, through a different account, it is necessary to do a full clean up before installing the new agent.
To do a full clean up, use this command:
cd "/Library/Application Support/com.atera.ateraagent"
sudo sh uninstallScript.sh