In case you encounter issues with Agent Installation on Mac devices, please check the following:
- Mac OS version is High Sierra (10.13) or above.
Note: Please note that while we also support macOS Big Sur and Macs with M1 processors, these are still in Beta on Apple's side, therefore, please contact us for any issues you may notice.
Allow outbound traffic over port 443 (TCP) in the Anti-Virus, Firewall and Proxy server.
List of servers that the agent is communicating with:
Potential software / devices for blockage:
- Anti-Virus: Add Atera's application into the Antivirus whitelist.
- Accessibility: Allow the Atera agent in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility
- Firewall: In some networks https traffic is blocked. Make sure to add a rule to allow https traffic from LAN to WAN (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
- Proxy: Proxy / Web-filtering is very common and can also be an obstacle to stable agent behavior. Make sure to permit outbound traffic (443) and file extensions; ZIP & EXE from our website (Atera address: agent-api.atera.com).
- Geo-blocking: As an example, SonicWall routers are well known for their Geo Blocking features.
- Permit content traffic in addition to TCP (443 ) traffic.
If an Atera agent was previously installed, and then removed, through a different account, it is necessary to do a full clean up before installing the new agent.
To do a full clean up, use this command:
cd "/Library/Application Support/com.atera.ateraagent"
sudo sh uninstallScript.sh