With the new Mac OS release, 10.15 Catalina, comes additional requirements for Splashtop streamer deployment. The new Mac OS requires configuration of specific settings by the user in Accessibility and Privacy settings for both an upgrade or a new deployment. A new Mac streamer (184.108.40.206) will be out soon to guide users through the settings. Currently, there is no way to do this automatically.
For Mac Streamer v220.127.116.11, these are the additional accessibility settings that are required to enable Splashtop to provide remote access:
Four options under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy need to be checked for a remote session to work properly. Note that these security settings cannot be configured remotely - you must change these settings once locally before being able to establish a remote session.
Also, please note that if these are already checked, please uncheck and recheck them. Users have reported that this action prompts the permissions to reset if they weren't working before.
- Accessibility (affects control) – The option is available on macOS 10.14 Mojave and needs to be checked to enable remote control. This is the same with 10.15. For OS upgrade cases, if you already have the option checked on 10.14 , you don’t need to configure it again on 10.15. For new streamer installs on 10.15, this setting needs to be checked so remote control is enabled.
- Full Disk Access (affects file transfer) – The option is available on macOS 10.14 Mojave but does not need to be checked. Now, it needs to be checked to use File Transfer on 10.15. If not checked, files/folders of the remote Mac will not be shown in the file transfer window.
- Screen Recording (affects remote connection) – The option is not available on macOS 10.14 Mojave. Now, it needs to be checked to establish a remote session on 10.15. If not, you will not be able to establish a remote session and there will be a popup on the streamer computer (you CANNOT configure this remotely):
- Microphone (affects sound stream) – The option is available on macOS 10.14 Mojave and needs to be checked to stream sound over remote connection. This is the same on 10.15. However, Soundflower does not work on 10.15 - you can’t stream sound even when checking Microphone.
Note: Remote connections cannot work at the Mac login screen with Mac Streamer v18.104.22.168 and macOS 10.15 Catalina. The team is still looking into the issue.
Mac Streamer v22.214.171.124 (available soon, internal v126.96.36.199 available by request) requires the same settings as above. Additionally:
- With Mac Streamer v188.8.131.52/v184.108.40.206, there is a helper upon new Streamer installations which guides users to check these four options. This helper will not pop up in upgrade cases (there is a badge button on 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 streamer UI to manually open the helper).
- Soundflower works to provide audio streaming with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Remote access can connect at the login screen with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
For Mac Business App (workaround using v22.214.171.124, improved using v126.96.36.199)
System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy
- Files and Folders (not Full Disk Access) (affects file transfer) – The option is not available on macOS 10.14 Mojave. On 10.15, it needs to be checked in order to use File Transfer. If not, there will be a popup asking you to configure system preference upon accessing every folder/file on the local computer.
- With v188.8.131.52, there is a helper upon installing which guides users to check the accessibility option.