Ticket Automation Rules enable you to set actions that automatically trigger when certain ticket actions occur (e.g., new ticket created, closed, updated). This article explains the Ticket Automation Rule 'Auto Ticket Tags' condition (available for 'Power' subscribers exclusively) which enables you to automate various actions based on specific automated ticket tags. Possible actions include automated emails as well as auto assignment of technicians and ticket fields. This feature is available to 'Power' subscribers.
Common Use Case
One typical use case enables creating a rule based on a specific auto ticket tag such as, for example, 'Hardware/Printing Device' for the purpose of assigning all printer issues to a certain technician.
To automatically assign a technician based on the auto ticket tag:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Ticket Automation Rules
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears.
2. Click Add New Rule
The Add Rule form appears.
3. Fill in the form:
- Enter Rule Name: Auto Tag Printer (per our example)
- Enter Description: assign specific technician when there's a printer issue
- Select Trigger: New Ticket Created
- Ignore Flow is applicable when there are multiple automation rules. Selecting 'Yes' enables this rule to operate regardless of rule hierarchy and structure. Learn more
- Ensure Active is set to 'Yes'
4. Click Add
The rule is created and visible on the displayed Ticket Automation Rules page.
5. Click the rule name to manage the Conditions and Actions.
The Conditions and Actions appear.
6. Add a Condition:
- Select Ticket Field: Auto Ticket Tag (Power plan)
- Select Operator: Equals
- Under Expected Value: Hardware / Printing Device
- Check the Must Match checkbox
- When done, click Add, to add the condition
7. Add an Action:
- Select Action Type: Set Field Value
- Under Related Field/Email Template, select Technician
- Under Value, select the specific technician
- When done, click Add, to add the action
The rule is now active. When a newly-created ticket is auto tagged as 'Hardware/Printing Device', the ticket will automatically be assigned to the specified technician.