Atera's ticket automation rules, combined with our AI auto-tagging, allow you to set actions that automatically trigger when certain ticket actions occur (e.g., new ticket created, ticket status changed, etc). Possible actions include automated emails as well as automatic assignment of technicians and ticket fields.
This article describes how to create a ticket automation rule that will change the ticket's 'Priority' to Critical when the auto-tag is Security / Antivirus.
Automatically reassign a ticket's priority based on the ticket's auto-tag
1. From Admin, on the side panel, click Ticket Automation Rules.
The Ticket Automation Rules page appears.
2. Click Add New Rule.
The Add Rule window appears.
3. Give the rule a name and a description.
4. Select New Ticket Created from the Trigger dropdown menu.
5. Decide if you want to ignore the flow.
Note: Selecting YES for Ignore Flow allows the rule to operate regardless of rule hierarchy or structure.
6. Make the rule active.
7. Click Add.
You're taken back to the Ticket Automation Rules page, where the newly created rule appears.
Note: We currently have 0 conditions and 0 actions assigned to this rule. For now, it does nothing. Let's change that.
8. Click the rule name. The rule's conditions and actions appear.
9. Set the condition:
- Select Auto Ticket Tag from the Ticket Field dropdown menu.
- Select Equals from the Operator dropdown menu.
- Select Security / Antivirus from the Expected Value dropdown menu.
- Click Add
10. Set the action:
- Select Set Field Value from the Action Type dropdown menu.
- Select Priority from the Related Field / Email Template dropdown menu.
- Select Critical from the Value dropdown menu.
- Click Add
You're all set! The rule is now active. Whenever a ticket is created with the condition described above, the ticket's priority will be assigned 'Critical', regardless of its prior assignment.
See the ticket automation rule in action!