This article describes how to manually re-enable Windows automatic updates in case they've been disabled on the device or via an Atera automation profile.
1. On the device, open Edit Group Policy
The Local Group Policy Editor window appears.
2. From the Computer Configuration directory, select Administrative Templates
3. Then select Windows Components
4. Select Windows Update
5. Select Configure Automatic Updates
the Configure Automatic Updates window appears.
6. Select 'Enabled' then click Apply
Windows automatic updates are now enabled. However, there is one more step to ensure you reinstate your access to the Windows Update feature.
Note: The Windows registry doesn't update the group policy configuration so the status may still show as 'Not configured'. Despite this, Windows automatic updates are if fact enabled.
7. Click on Remove Access to use all Windows Update Feature
8. Ensure this feature is set to 'Disabled'. If not, select Disabled and click Apply