This article is intended for those using the Atera for IT Departments platform.
A Site in the Atera system is the base entity, and all other functionalities rely on the correct initial creation of the site(s). Once you've created a site, you can add the associated users and devices, install Atera agents, and begin monitoring your organization's devices. This article describes how to:
Create a Site
A Site in Atera refers to a branch or office location, and depending on your organization, there may be one site or many. All of the users and devices your IT department supports are grouped within the appropriate site(s) for optimal management, organization, and efficiency. This section describes how to manually create a site in Atera. You can also import sites via CSV file.
To create a site:
1. Click the New dropdown menu (at the top, left of the page) and select Site
2. Enter a Site Name (and any other details you wish, by clicking Show more). Then click Create
The new site is created and appears on the Sites page.
Note: You can also create new sites from the Sites page.
Users refer to the employees and others at your organization, who receive support from the IT department. There are a number of ways you can add users to Atera. You can add them manually, import them via CSV file, or import users from your Azure Active Directory database. This section describes how to add users manually.
To add a user:
1. From Sites (on the side panel), click the site where you'd like to add a new user.
The Site page appears.
2. Click New user (on the upper, right).
The New User form appears.
3. Fill in the form:
- Select Site, First Name, Last Name, and Email are mandatory fields.
- Department - You can assign the user to a department.
- Agent - This field enables you to match the user with their computer, which you can select from the dropdown list.
- Checkbox (Main Site Contact) - This enables you to designate the user as the main site contact for the site.
- Checkbox (Disable automatic ticket creation...) - By default, Atera automatically creates tickets when users send emails to the support address. Check the box if you wish to disable this feature for the particular user.
4. Click Add
The new user is added.