This article provides instructions for the Atera for IT Departments platform.
Our Splashtop integration enables you to provide instant remote support for your users anywhere, anytime. Securely connect to remote computers, access files, and applications, and troubleshoot problems without having to leave your desk.
Note: This article discusses Splashtop unattended remote support. Atera also integrates with Splashtop SOS attended remote support
This article describes how to:
Remote Connect with Splashtop
To initiate a remote connection:
1. From Devices, on the side panel, navigate to the device and click Connect.
The Connect to a device window appears.
- If this is the first time using Splashtop on your device, you need to download the Splashtop RMM Client. Follow the prompts to install the Splashtop RMM client. Then return to Atera and click Connect.
- You must enable popups for this site to launch Splashtop.
2. Click Open Splashtop for RMM.
You're in! The device is now available for remote connection.
- If connecting to the device for the first time, then users with no Splashtop account as well as existing Splashtop users must install the Splashtop RMM tool on the target agent.
- Once you click Connect, Atera will push a streamer to the agent. This process should take a few seconds.
- You are allowed a maximum of two concurrent remote sessions per technician on Pro, while the Growth and Power licenses are unlimited in this regard (connecting simultaneously to the same device in Atera is not possible via Splashtop). Learn more about Atera pricing
To set Splashtop as your default remote access:
1. From Admin, on the side panel, click Settings. The Settings page appears.
2. Click the Remote access tab.
3. Click Set as Default.
Splashtop is now your default remote access. Click here to see how to initiate a remote connection.