This article provides instructions for the Atera for IT Departments platform.
You can create custom fields (aka extra data fields) throughout your Atera platform. They can appear in Ticket, Site, User, SLA, Agent, SNMP, TCP, HTTP, and Generic forms/pages. Once you add a custom field, it will always appear (unless edited or deleted). For example, if you add a 'ticket' custom field, it will appear on all ticket forms. This article describes how to:
Add Custom Fields
Customize Atera to your needs by adding custom fields wherever you wish.
To add a custom field:
1. From Admin (on the side panel), click Custom Fields
The Custom Fields page appears.
2. Click the tab for which you wish to add a new field. In this example, the Ticket tab is selected.
3. Click the Add Field button.
The Add Field screen appears.
4. Select the name of the target from the Target drop-down list (by default, this is already selected based on the tab you selected).
5. Select the type of field from the Type dropdown menu.
6. Enter the title of the field in the Title text entry box. In this example, we've called it 'Order'.
7. In the Options section, you can mark this field as 'Required' or 'Not Required' on forms. And you can also mark it 'Private' or 'Not Private'. 'Private' means it will not be viewable in the Service Portal.
8. Click Add.
The new custom field is added. You can now view it on the form/page.
Note: You can also change the order of the custom field by dragging and dropping the field to the required location, on the Custom Fields page.
Edit or Delete Custom Fields
You can easily edit or delete the custom fields you create. This section describes how to:
Edit Custom Fields
To edit: Simply click theicon (next to the custom field), make changes to the title, and click Apply
Edit Ticket 'Status' Values
While custom fields are editable, generally the Atera fields that are included in forms by default are not. There is one exception, and that is the Ticket 'Status' field. You can add additional field values to this field that will appear throughout all your Atera tickets.
To add a field value to the Ticket 'Status' field:
1. Click theicon next to Status in the Ticket tab.
2. Enter a new status value in the field, then click Apply
3. The new status value is added, and now appears as a 'Status' field option in all tickets.
- All newly created Ticket Status field values are treated as 'Open' tickets throughout Atera, and for the purpose of SLAs. This means that a ticket's first response/closed time will be applied and indicated on tickets if this status value is selected on the ticket (only applicable when there is an assigned SLA).
- Status field values can easily be deleted by clicking theicon, next to the value.
Delete Custom Fields
To delete: Simply click theicon (next to the custom field).