This article provides instructions for the Atera for IT Departments platform.
Atera gives you the tools to remotely monitor your organization's networks in real-time, ensuring devices stay healthy and employees stay productive. Alerts allow you to stay on top of potential problems and handle them before users are even aware.
You can set the default email address for receiving alerts. Once set, this can then be used as a default for new sites, and can also be applied to all existing sites.
Note: Alerts created via API will not send an email notification.
To set an email address for receiving alerts:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Alerts.
The Alerts settings page appears.
2. Toggle on Alerts Email.
3. Enter the email address in the Send to field.
4. Click the plus icon.
Note: Click the minus icon to delete the email address.
5. Click Warning, Critical, and/or Resolved to receive emails for each alert status.
Note: To prevent spamming the mailbox, one email notification will be sent per hour for each recurring alert.
6. Select the time frame to receive the email alerts.
7. Click Save.
You can apply these settings to all your existing sites.
Note: The Alerts Email settings can also be set up at the site level within the site's page. From the Alerts tab, click the Alert Settings icon.
See our video tutorial, How to Set Alerts
For more on Alerts, check out these articles:
- Alerts overview
- Customize alert settings
- Alert time intervals
- Create or edit an alert threshold profile
- Automatically create tickets from alerts