The Helpdesk Agent is an enhanced agent that allows a user to very quickly create a ticket with a hotkey shortcut or within the Service Portal; the created ticket includes a screen capture.
- The Helpdesk Agent is available on Windows workstations only.
- The Helpdesk Agent will activate on the current logged-in Windows user profile (you need to activate the Helpdesk Agent from the Atera console for each new user that logs in to the same machine).
Once the Helpdesk Agent has been activated, users will need to authenticate the Helpdesk Agent (for the purpose of identity confirmation).
To activate Helpdesk Agent on a single device:
From Devices, on the side panel, find your device and click Manage > More Tools > Helpdesk Agent > Activate.
To activate the Helpdesk Agent on all (or some) of a site's devices:
1. From Sites, on the side panel, select the site. The Site page appears.
3. Click the Devices tab > All tab (if not displayed by default).
4. Select the specific device(s) or select all devices, then click theicon. The Helpdesk Agent screen appears.
5. Select Activate, then click Apply.
The Helpdesk Agent icon is now active and should appear on the taskbar of the specific device(s).
Note: Customers will need to authenticate the Helpdesk Agent before they can open a ticket for the first time (one-time only).
Authenticate the Helpdesk Agent (instructions for the end-user)
To initiate the one-time authentication process:
1. Right-click on the Helpdesk Agent, and select Personal Settings. The Personal Info Settings screen appears.
2. Fill in your full name and email address, and click Send Token. A token will be emailed to you (for purposes of identity confirmation).
3. Check your email to obtain the confirmation token, then enter it into the Confirmation Token box on the Personal Settings screen, and click Save. You can now open tickets and utilize all the features of the Customer Portal.
The end-user now has two options to create a ticket:
- Create a ticket by using a hotkey
- Create a ticket via Service Portal
To create a ticket via a hotkey (instructions for the customer)
Press CTRL+F12 on the keyboard.
To create a ticket via the Customer Portal (instructions for the end-user):
1. Right-click on the Helpdesk Agent.
2. Click on Create New Ticket.
The Add Ticket form displays - the customer can now create a new ticket.