This article provides instructions for the Atera for IT Departments platform.
Webroot is an antivirus and cloud-based, threat protection software that stops threats in real time and secures businesses and individuals wherever they connect.
In order to install Webroot, you must first open an account with Webroot, and activate it
There are two ways you can choose to install the Webroot client:
- Install on a single Atera agent
- Install on multiple Agents via the Atera customer page
Install Webroot on a Single Agent
To install Webroot on a single agent:
1. From the Devices page, find the agent and click Manage > More Tools > Webroot > Install.
The Webroot Actions window appears.
2. Ensure Install is selected from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter the Webroot key. Then click Apply.
Install Webroot on Multiple Customer Agents
To install Webroot on multiple agents:
1. From the specific customer's page, navigate to the Devices tab. Then click the Webroot Actions icon.
The Install Webroot window appears.
2. Enter the Webroot Key.
3. Select Agents from the Available list using the checkboxes (or Select All).
4. Specify the Run on Agents setting (Run scripts on online agents immediately or choose a later time to run the script on agents currently offline).
5. Click Install to install Webroot on the selected agents.
Note: Webroot can be installed via Atera on Windows devices only. To install Webroot on MACs, you can download the .dmg file manually and follow the instructions provided within the Webroot Management Console (Site > Endpoint Protection tab > Download Software)
For further information, or for troubleshooting the Webroot platform, please contact Webroot support