This article provides instructions for the Atera for IT Department platform.
Remote File Explorer and Transfer are now available right from within the platform. Atera enables you to remotely explore and manage your end-users files, as well as upload files to (or download files from) their devices. The full feature is available for Growth and Power subscribers. Pro subscribers will still be able to remotely view and search for files. This enormously useful tool will likely come in handy quite often.
- To use Atera File Explorer and Transfer
- To search for files on your end-user's device directories
- To upload a file to your end-user's device
- To create a folder on your customer's device
- To download a file from your end-user's device
- To rename a file or folder
- To delete a file
- There is a size limit of 100 MB per file.
- There is a transfer limit of 15GB per account, per month for Growth subscribers and a transfer limit of 50GB per account, per month for Power subscribers.
To use Atera File Explorer and Transfer:
1. After logging into Atera, click Devices, on the side panel.
The Devices page appears.
2. Click the Manage dropdown menu next to the specific device, and select More Tools > File Transfer.
The files appear.
To search for files on your end-user's device directories:
When in a given folder or directory, type a full or partial file name in the search bar, and click Enter.
To upload a file to your end-user's device:
1. Click ADD on the lower, right corner of the screen, and select Upload Folder.
2. Browse for the file you wish to upload, then click Open.
The file uploads. When completed, an upload success (or failure) message appears.
To create a folder on your customer's device:
1. Click ADD on the lower, right corner of the screen, and select Create Folder.
2. Name the newly created folder by clicking it and typing a name.
The file is renamed.
To download a file from your end-user's device:
Hover over the file you wish to download and click the Download icon.
The file downloads.
To rename a file or folder:
1. Hover over the file or folder you wish to rename, and click the Rename icon.
2. Rename the file or folder by clicking it and typing a name.
The file or folder is renamed.
To delete a file:
Hover over the file you wish to delete, and click the Delete icon.
After confirming you wish to delete the file, the file is deleted.
Q: Can you transfer a file to multiple devices at once?
A: There is no option to transfer files to multiple devices.
Q: Can you download/transfer a folder directly?
A: File transfer cannot download/transfer entire directories.
Q: What happens if there is a network error while a file is being transferred from one device to another?
A: The transfer of the file will fail.