Create custom ticket statuses and set their behaviors to align with your support processes.
- The selected behavior will affect the SLA attached to the ticket, as well as any reports and ticket automation rules associated with the ticket status type.
- To view the custom status within the Mobile App, please ensure you have the latest version downloaded from the app store.
This article describes:
Add ticket status
To create a custom ticket status:
1. From Admin (on the sidebar), click Custom Fields.
The Custom Fields page appears.
2. From the Ticket tab, under Default Fields, click the edit icon alongside the Status field.
The Ticket Status Fields window appears.
3. Click Create status.
4. Enter the status name.
5. Select the status behavior.
Note: The selected behavior will affect the SLA attached to the ticket, as well as any reports and ticket automation rules associated with the ticket status type.
6. Click Apply.
The new status value is added and now appears as a 'Status' field option in all tickets.
Note: Once a custom ticket status is added, you cannot edit the Status Behavior. If you need to change the behavior, delete the status (and remap the ticket's status behavior), and then create a new custom status.
Order ticket statuses
You can order ticket statuses to reflect your support processes.
To order your ticket statuses:
1. Drag the status(es) to where you want them.
2. Click Apply.
The order of your statuses will reflect within your tickets, under Ticket Properties (on the right-hand side of the page).
Delete custom ticket statuses
Once deleted, you will need to choose a new mapping for existing tickets with the deleted status.
To delete a custom ticket status:
1. From the Edit Field window, click the trash icon.
2. Click Apply. The Delete Values window appears.
3. Select the replacement status.
4. Click Delete.