Network Discovery delivers the complete picture of all your networks for planning, onboarding, support, and billing purposes. Set up alerts to keep you informed of:
- Newly detected unmonitored workstations, servers, and SNMP devices
- Scanning agents that have gone offline
- Scanning agents whose IP address has changed
- Common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE)
This article describes how to:
Set up alerts
To set up Network Discovery alerts:
1. From Admin (the sidebar) click Network Discovery Alerts.
Note: Network Discovery Alerts can also be accessed by clicking the Manage Alerts button on the Network Discovery dashboard.
The Network Discovery Alerts page appears.
2. Toggle the alert(s) you want to set up:
- Unmonitored workstations/devices detection: Alert when unmonitored devices are detected.
- Unmonitored SNMP devices detection: Alert when unmonitored SNMP devices are detected.
- Scanning agent IP change: Alert when the IP of the device performing the scan has changed.
- Scanning agent is offline: Alert when the device performing the scan has gone offline.
- Low rating potential CVE detected: Alert when the CVSS rating is low.
- Medium rating potential CVE detected: Alert when the CVSS rating is medium.
- High rating potential CVE detected: Alert when the CVSS rating is high.
- Only new Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) detections will generate an alert.
- You can deactivate an alert at any time.
3. Assign sites: Click the chevron icon to assign an alert to the site(s).
Note: The default assignment is to all sites.
4. Assign severity: Hover over the alert severity level and click the chevron icon to select Information, Warning, or Critical.
Network Discovery alerts will appear alongside all your other alerts (e.g., in the Alerts section, Dashboard, Agent Console). To receive alerts via email and/or to further customize alert settings, see Customize alert settings
Filter and view alerts
You can filter alerts to view only your Network Discovery alerts. Doing so can provide a kind of 'event log' enabling viewing of changes to your networks over time.
To filter alerts:
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), click Filters.
2. From the Category dropdown, select Network.
All Network Discovery alerts will appear.
Note: Click See network scan on any alert to open the relevant scan.
For more on Network Discovery, check out these articles:
- Activate Network Discovery
- Optimal network settings
- Set up scans
- Security scans
- Scan agentless networks
- Scan results and actions