This article will outline the steps needed to migrate a Malwarebytes account to Atera.
Migrate Oneview account
If you have an existing OneView account with Malwarebytes or another vendor, do not create a new OneView account through Atera as this only creates a second unregistered OneView instance. If you do create a second account, please delete the account in Atera before initiating the transfer of your existing OneView account. For more information, see Delete Malwarebytes Account in Atera
Please send an email to email@example.com with the email address you used to register your Malwarebytes account, with the subject Malwarebytes Migration. Your dedicated Customer Success Manager will process the migration on your behalf and keep you informed regarding the migration progress. Should we require more details we will contact you directly.
The rest of the migration will be handled by our teams, when the migration is finished, we will reach back, providing an update on the migration.
- When migrating an account directly from Malwarebytes, the migration from Malwarebytes OneView can only be done after the next billing cycle. As such, if you submit a migration request on the 15th of the month, your migration will be processed by the end of the following month and your account will be completely migrated on the 1st of the next month.
For example, if you request the migration on the 15th of December, we will process the request by the end of January and you will be completely moved on the 1st of February.
- If you want to migrate your account from a different vendor to Atera, your request will be completed at the end of the current billing cycle. For example, if you submit the migration requests on the 15th of December, you will be migrated on the 1st of January.
Migrate Nebula account
In order to migrate a Malwarebytes Nebula account to Atera Malwarebytes Oneview, follow the steps below.
1. Create a Malwarebytes account following the steps from this article. The Malwarebytes account that is created through Atera, cannot use the same email address as the already existing Malwarebytes Nebula account.
2. Once the Atera Malwarebytes Oneview account has been created, follow the steps from these 2 articles.
After the migration ends, you will be able to install Malwarebytes on your devices from Atera.
Note about migration
The sites created on your Malwarebytes account do not get converted automatically from Trial to Paying site. This can cause issues with your sites after the migration. The issue can be easily resolved by converting your Malwarebytes site from Trial to Paid.
To convert a Site from Trial to Paid, follow the steps below.
1. Access the Malwarebytes dashboard and click on Sites.
2. On the Sites page, click on the name of the Site that you want to convert.
The Site subscription page will appear.
3. Select the Products under Licensed Products, then click on Manage Subscription > Convert trial to paid.
4. The Convert trial to paid window will appear, here select the subscription and click on Accept.
Done! The subscription for the site will update.
There are cases where Malwarebytes does not allow the conversion of a Site from Trial to Paid, in such cases, simply Add a subscription to the site.
1. On the Site subscription page, click on Manage subscription > Add Subscription.
2. On the Manage Subscriptions page, configure the subscription to your liking.
3. On the 3rd step (Add-ons), click on Save.
Done, the site has been converted from Trial to Paid.