Once your alert threshold profile has generated an alert, you can create (or assign) a ticket for that alert to easily manage your support operations.
This article describes:
Create a new ticket from an alert
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), choose the alert you want to create a ticket for and click Create Ticket under the 'Ticket' column for that alert.
2. Select Create New Ticket from the dropdown menu.
The New Ticket page appears.
3. Fill out the ticket form:
- Site: Select a site.
- User: Select the user (required).
- Contract: The dropdown list of contracts will populate based on the selected site/user.
- Ticket Title: Give the ticket a title or name (required).
- Select Technician: Assign a technician to work on the ticket.
- Ticket Priority: You can select the ticket priority level (Low, Medium, High, or Critical).
- Ticket Impact: You can select the ticket impact (No Impact, Minor, Major, Site Down, Server Issue, or Crisis).
- Ticket Type: You can select the ticket type (Incident, Problem, Request, or Change).
- Product Family: Assign your ticket to a preconfigured product family category.
- Description: Include any important information about the ticket.
- Attachments: Add any supporting attachments to the ticket by clicking Choose files.
- Schedule Ticket: Check the box to schedule the ticket to go live later or create recurring tickets. Learn more
- Register ticket creation time: This counter tracks the time it took to create the ticket, and counts it toward work performed on the ticket. This counter is disabled by default. Check the box to enable tracking.
4. Click Add to create the ticket.
The new ticket is added and appears on the Tickets page.
Note: You can also create tickets from an alert on the Site page. To do this, go to Sites > the specific site > Alerts tab > click Create New Ticket).
Assign an existing ticket to an alert
1. From Alerts (on the sidebar), choose the alert to which you want to assign an existing ticket and click Create Ticket under the 'Ticket' column for that alert.
2. Select Assign Existing Ticket from the dropdown menu.
The Select Ticket window appears.
3. Enter the ticket title or ID and select the ticket you want to assign from the available. Then click Apply.
The alert is now assigned to the ticket.
Note: You can also create tickets automatically from alerts
For more on alerts, check out these articles:
- Alerts overview
- Customize alert settings
- Alert time intervals
- Create or edit an alert threshold profile
- Set email addresses for receiving alerts