Why tackle ticket resolution alone when you can have your trusty AI assistant by your side? Atera's smart ticketing feature, powered by Azure OpenAI, is here to revolutionize your ticket management experience by efficiently summarizing tickets, providing tailored reply suggestions, proposing optimal solutions, and generating scripts for rapid resolution. By leveraging these advanced features, you can expect significant improvements in agent productivity, reduced response times and SLA adherence, and the elimination of mundane tasks, allowing your team to focus on providing excellent IT support.
Note: Our AI assistant is available as a Beta feature and therefore, we recommend you review the replies, solutions, summaries, and scripts generated to ensure accuracy and proper functionality.
How it works
How are the summaries and recommendations generated?
We partnered up with OpenAI to generate ticket summaries, solutions and replies to help you save time and free up your queue.
Why is the AI assistant going off script?
Our AI assistant is designed to help you tackle your ticket queue with efficiency and ease. And while it's pretty smart, we can't yet say it's perfect, so there may be instances where it doesn't fully understand the ticket description and might provide an incorrect summary or solution.
But don't worry—you can always review the summaries, replies and solutions to ensure they are accurate and make any necessary changes. And if there are any mistakes, we hope they'll bring a smile to your face and give you a good story to tell your colleagues. So while our AI assistant may not have reached Jarvis-level expertise yet, we're confident that even Tony Stark would be in awe of how swiftly you'll be able to clear your backlog.
How to use the AI assistant
Activate the AI assistant
From Tickets (on the sidebar), hover over a ticket and click the AI button when it appears.
Note: Alternatively, you can activate the AI assistant by clicking the AI button at the top of the individual ticket page.
Summarize your ticket
Upon activation, your AI assistant will immediately generate an automatic summary of the selected ticket. You can click the chevron icon next to 'Display summary as:' to have your summary displayed as a paragraph, a bulleted list, or an executive report. The default summary method is a paragraph.
Click the ellipsis icon () next to the summary to add it to the ticket as an internal note or copy it to your clipboard for future reference.
Generate a reply
Once the ticket is summarized, you can use the AI assistant to generate a reply for the person who opened the ticket. To do this, click the ellipsis icon () next to the suggested reply to copy it and then manually paste it into the text editor to reply.
Note: You can generate a reply immediately after the ticket is summarized or after generating a solution with the AI assistant.
Generate a solution
To use the AI assistant to suggest a solution and help you resolve the ticket quickly, click Generate solution. Once a solution has been suggested, you can click the ellipsis icon () next to the solution to add it to the ticket as an internal note or copy it to your clipboard for later use.
Note: If the AI assistant does not have enough information from the ticket, it may not be able to generate a solution. In this case, we recommend going back and asking for more details.
Generate a script
After generating a solution for the ticket, you can use our AI assistant to create a script to help resolve the issue.
1. Click Generate script and you will be taken to the Create script page. Here, a script will be automatically generated in the Script editor based on the solution suggested for the ticket.
Note: In some cases, you may notice that the Generate script button is disabled within the AI assistant window. This happens when the AI assistant determines that a script is not needed to resolve the issue based on its analysis of the problem and suggested solution.
2. Once the script is generated you should review it to ensure its functionality. If needed, you can edit the script description and file type before clicking Generate again to create a new version that solves the issue at hand. You can also make edits directly within the script editor.
3. When you are finished, name the script and click Create (top-right of the page).
The script is then added to the My Scripts tab where you can edit it and share it with the Shared Script Library. You can also attach the script to an IT automation profile or threshold profile, or run the script directly on the end-user device experiencing the issue for which the ticket was created.
- AI-generated information for a ticket will not be saved if you close the AI assistant, navigate to a different page, or click Generate script (which brings you directly to the Create script page). To prevent data loss, we recommend copying and saving any important AI-generated information before closing the AI assistant, navigating to a different page, or generating a script.
- In addition to generating scripts for specific tickets, you can also generate scripts for general use. Learn more