Users are people from your customer base, who may or may not request technical support from you. It's possible to create a main user for each site. Users can interact with you via phone, email, the Service Portal, or by generating a ticket via the CTRL + F12 hotkey from their workstations.
Create users manually
You might do this, for example, if you're on the phone with a customer who has never before requested support and therefore does not yet have an account. While adding them as a user, you can also open a ticket for the site, and they will receive automatic email notifications whenever the ticket is updated.
To create a new user manually:
1. Click New > User in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Users can also be created via Sites > Site > Users tab > New user.
The New user page appears.
2. Fill out the form:
- Site: Select the site.
- First name: Enter the user's first name.
- Last name: Enter the user's last name.
- Email: Enter the user's email.
- Phone: Enter the user's phone number.
- Mobile phone: Enter the user's mobile phone number.
- Department: Select the relevant department from the dropdown list. Learn more
- Job title: Enter the user's job title.
- Agent: Assign an agent to the user.
- Main site user: You can designate the user as the main site user. They'll then be able to see all tickets under their site in the Service Portal.
- Disable automatic ticket creation on emails from the user: By default, Atera automatically creates tickets when users send emails to the support address. Check the box to disable this feature for the particular user.
3. Click Save.
The new user is added.
Automatically create users
To automatically create a user when a support request comes from a new email:
1. From Admin, click Email Settings. The Email settings page appears.
2. Under User email settings, enable Auto-Create new user on incoming email.
Site and users can also be imported directly to Atera in bulk. For more information, see Import sites and users to Atera
Azure AD integration
By integrating with Azure Active Directory (AD), Atera allows you to effortlessly import and synchronize your organization's users from Azure AD to ensure that your Atera users are always up-to-date.