The Online Backup Client recovers the backup folder created by Oracle Recovery Manager for backup purposes. The complete database recovery is done using native Oracle instruments.
The Online Backup Client should be installed on Windows XP or a later version of Windows. It can be the same machine where the original Oracle database has been located or a different one. The versions of Windows needn't necessarily coincide.
To recover the backup folder:
- Install the Online Backup Client to the computer you want to recover the backup folder to.
- Start the Online Backup Client.
- Click Restore > Oracle.
- From the Session time list, select the session to recover.
- In the restore tree, select the root of the Oracle database.
- In the Restore to field, specify the recovery destination.
- Click Restore.
The duration of the recovery process depends on the size of your database, the data transfer speed and the performance of your computer.
Complete database recovery
To complete the database recovery process, use Oracle Recovery Manager.