A mirror driver is a display driver, for a virtual device, that mirrors the drawing operations of one or more additional physical display devices.
When the mirror driver is installed, Splashtop Streamer uses a different way of capturing the screen. This will help solve a few common issues, including the following:
- Slow screen refresh or high CPU usage on a Windows Server 2003 or 2008
- The remote computer's screen appears black if the Chrome browser is running
- The remote computer's screen appears black if it doesn't have a monitor connected
Install the mirror driver
1. Open the Streamer program from the Start Menu.
2. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to click on the Install Mirror Driver button. A UAC window confirming the installation appears.
3. Click Install to continue. The Button will change to "Uninstall Mirror Driver" when complete.
Note: This does NOT apply to Mac OS.
Still have a question? Contact us